The Division of Building and Code Enforcement is responsible for enforcing the City's codes and regulations regarding building permits, occupancy permits and property maintenance code enforcement. It is housed within Department of Community Development. For more detailed information, check out our web pages on Occupancy Permits and Building Permits. The links below directly connect to permit applications and forms. For more information, to speak with a building official or to schedule an inspection, call (314) 291-6550.
- Building Permits (Commercial and Residential)
- Occupancy Inspections
- Occupancy Permits
- Temporary Occupancy Permits
- Apartment/Multi-Family Occupancy Permits
- Container Placement Permit
- Construction Trailer Placement
- Grading Permits
- These permits are processed by the Department of Public Works.
Permits involving zoning requirements, signs, conditional use permits are handled by the Division of Planning and Zoning. Click here for information and application forms for these type of permits.