The City Clerk is the custodian of all city records and is the authorized official responsible for candidate filings and submission of certifications and other information related to municipal elections to the St. Louis County Board of Election Commissioners. Other duties of the City Clerk are to maintain the journal of the proceedings of the council and administer official oaths and oaths to persons certifying to demands or claims against the city.
The responsibility of the City Clerk’s Office is to:
- Prepare and maintain the minutes of City Council proceedings
- Issue and certify official documents
- Prepare, post and file agendas, official public notices of meetings, and the publication of advertisements, as required by law
- Provide voter registration and notary public services
- Coordinate the codification of the Municipal Code Book
- Maintain lists of subdivision trustees and resident boards and commissions
- Process and issue liquor licenses, business licenses, vendors licenses and solicitor permits.
- Implement the city’s records management program consisting of microfilming, storage of records, destruction of records, and indexing of minutes