Business Licenses

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

To obtain a business license in the City of Maryland Heights, you will need the following:

  • Application for Business License    
  • A Police Emergency Contact Form (included in the applications above)
  • A No Tax Due Letter. If your business has retail sales, this letter is mandatory.
  • A letter briefly describing your business. The letter should include what you are using the space for as well as what your business does.

Send application and applicable paperwork to Staff will then email you an invoice and directions on how to pay online. 

An occupancy inspection will be scheduled three working days from the date we receive your application. If there is a current building permit on the property, we can schedule the occupancy inspection along with the final building inspection. The application will first go to the Planning and Zoning Department for Zoning approval. If additional information is needed to gain Zoning approval, the Zoning Department will contact you.

Once you have passed the occupancy inspection, we will issue an occupancy permit and business license. The license and permit will be mailed to your new location unless otherwise specified. Your license is renewed annually. You will be sent a renewal form each year in May and the renewal is due by the end of June.

Home-Based Businesses 

If you are applying for a home-based business, the rules above also apply. A home-based business is allowed 150 square feet and may operate as an office only. Your entire home will be inspected for business occupancy. Warehousing of items is not permitted under this use.

All Other License Applications

Solicitor's License Application  (temporarily suspended)
Itinerant Merchant License Application - Click here to complete payment online; use the option of "other."
Vending License Application - Click here to complete payment online; use the option of "other."
Telecommunication Antennae License Application - Click here to complete payment online; use the option of "other."

Special Event License Application - (temporarily suspended)

Change in License Holder   (To change the person who is the owner/managing officer of the company;  any change in corporate structure or FEIN changes requires a new license application to be submitted.)

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer