Applying for a
liquor license Maryland Heights
1. Determine which type of liquor license(s) you will require.
Sales of all kinds of intoxicating liquor for consumption on the premises where sold.
The "Retail Liquor by the Drink" license provides the same license permissions as "Beer by the Drink-Wine", "Original Package Liquor" or "Original Package Beer" licenses. However, if you intend on selling alcohol on Sundays you would be required to apply for a Sunday by-the-drink license as well.
Sunday Liquor by the Drink Retail Sunday sales of intoxicating liquor for consumption on the premises where sold.
Retail sales of malt liquor and wine for consumption on the premises where sold.
Retail sales of intoxicating liquor, not to be consumed on the premises where sold.
Retail sales of malt liquor not to be consumed on the premises where sold.
Retail Sunday sales of intoxicating liquor, not to be consumed on the premises where sold.
Not-for-profit organizations only.
Applicants must hold a valid liquor/beer “By the Drink” license.
Allows holders of Retail Package “beer/wine” or “full liquor” licenses to have wine tasting on premise.
Extension of Premise An extension of premise is defined as a special event where alcohol will be dispensed in a location that is contiguous / adjoined to the establishment. This license is good for a 24 hour period and limited to 3 times per liquor license year. You must already hold a current liquor license with the City of Maryland Heights, as well as the State of Missouri and St. Louis County.
3. Submit the application to the Maryland Heights City Clerk’s Office, along with the following items:
a. A check covering all applicable fees
c. One photograph of exterior of premise to be occupied
d. One photograph of the applicant/managing officer
e. Proof of paid taxes for the applicant (personal property tax receipt)
f. Proof of voter registration in the State of Missouri
g. Proof of paid taxes for the business (No Tax Due Letter)
h. A background check (to be processed by the Maryland Heights Police Department free of charge at City Hall when you submit your application)
4. Once the above items have been received your request will be added to the agenda for consideration at the next City Council meeting. It is suggested that a representative from your business attend to answer any questions. Once approved by the Council you will be issued a municipal approval letter. Provide that letter to both the State and County in the following two steps.
5. Next apply for the State of Missouri’s Alcohol and Tobacco Control liquor license by applying to http://www.atc.dps.mo.gov/documents/Default.aspx . If you have any questions refer to the following link to contact the appropriate field officer: http://www.atc.dps.mo.gov/about/contact_us.asp6. After receipt of the State license apply for your St. Louis County Revenue’s liquor license.
7. Once you have received both the State and County’s liquor license present those as proof to the Maryland Heights City Clerk’s Office to have your license printed. All licenses must be posted on premises.
Please contact Emery Ransom or JoAnn Cova at the City Clerk's Office if you have any questions. Phone: (314) 291-6550 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
End of Application Process