The minimum submittal requirements for a Conditional Use Permit application are as follows. Initially, 1 copy of each is required. Upon completeness finding, additional paper copies and an electronic copy will be required.
Click here for the interactive .PDF application form.
The fees currently established by the City Council for a Conditional Use Permit application are as follows:
Application for new Conditional Use Permit involving new construction or substantial addition to an existing building:
Application for new Conditional Use Permit involving reuse of an existing building or site:
Application for amendment to an existing Conditional Use Permit (public hearing required):
Minor modification to an existing Conditional Use Permit (no public hearing):
- $400 Legal advertisement escrow
A written metes and bounds legal description of the site is required.
The narrative is a written statement that:
- Explains the proposed project and/or operation in detail;
- Demonstrates consistency with the Comprehensive Plan; and
- Indicates how and why the proposed conditional use conforms to the applicable standards set forth in the Zoning Code.
The City Planner determines whether a traffic impact analysis is required at the pre-application conference. An analysis is required for all Motor Vehicle Oriented Businesses. The specific requirements of the analysis are determined by the City Planner with technical review by the City Engineer, if needed. The applicant's traffic analysis is subject to the review of the City's traffic consultant. The applicant is responsible for the cost of the review by the City’s traffic consultant.
The Site Plan must include the following information:
- Location Map
- North arrow
- Plan scale
- Zoning district, subdivision name, lot number and zoning of adjacent parcels
- Name, address, telephone of firm and professional seals affixed to every sheet in the set
- Shape, location, and dimensions of the lot in accordance with an accurate boundary line survey
- Location and identification of all existing and proposed easements
- Proposed building line and setbacks
- Shape, size, and location of buildings and distance to adjacent properties
- Direction of slope or drainage indicated by arrows as applicable
- Existing and proposed contour lines and street grade
- Proposed finish grades at foundation walls
- Flood plain and/or wetlands
- Elevation of top of foundation of primary structures
- Sanitary sewage treatment (location of septic field) and stormwater drainage facilities
- Dimensions of existing and proposed roadway pavement and right-of-way width for streets abutting site
- Approximate location of existing and proposed sidewalks
- Number, size, and location of existing and proposed off-street parking spaces, including handicapped
- Name and size of existing and proposed landscaping
- Location and size of existing and proposed freestanding signs
- Location and size of existing and proposed light poles
- Approximate location of stormwater detention, ponds, sinkholes, springs, silt berms, and other silt control facilities
- Exhibits sufficient for the City Planner to determine compliance with the Building Design Standards section of the Zoning Code. Such exhibits may include architectural elevations, renderings, photographs, or sketches.