A boundary adjustment plat allows for minor adjustments to be made to platted lots using a simplified procedure. A boundary adjustment plat must meet the following criteria as stated in the Subdivision Code:
- No additional lot shall be created by any boundary adjustment.
- The resulting lot or lots shall not be reduced below the minimum sizes and dimensions required by the zoning code.
- The boundary adjustment shall not increase or decrease any original lot size by more than ten (10) percent.
- Boundary adjustments that do not meet the above criteria shall be considered a subdivision and must follow the procedures for subdivisions as set forth in this code.
Boundary adjustments are reviewed and approved by the City Planner. Upon approval of the boundary adjustment, the plat must be recorded with the St. Louis County Recorder of Deeds.
1. A completed application.
2. A boundary adjustment shall be accomplished by plat and must include an adequate legal description of the boundaries of the original lots and of the adjusted lots. The plat survey shall be tied to the Missouri Coordinate System in accordance with the current Missouri Minimum Standards for Property Surveys, and the coordinates of the exterior corner shall be shown on the plat. The coordinate system setup shall be:
i. Projection—State Plane Coordinate System;
ii. Zone—Missouri East (Zone Number 2401);
iii. Datum—North American 1927, North American 1983, or North American 1983 HARN.
3. The boundary adjustment plat shall be submitted to the city planner for review and approval prior to its recording with the recorder of deeds of St. Louis County.
4. Processing fees as presented in section 20-102 of the Municipal Code shall be filed in conjunction with any boundary adjustment plat or deed.
5. Two (2) disks containing digitized version of the plat shall be submitted along with a printed copy. Acceptable data formats include AutoCAD (.dwg or.dxf), MicroStation Design File (.dgn), ArcInfo Coverage, ArcView Shape File (.shp), or MapInfo.
6. The fee for a boundary adjustment is $150 plus a deposit of $100. Said deposit shall be refunded once a copy of the recorded plat is returned to the Department of Community Development (electronic copy preferred).