Aquaport Rules and Regulations
Our goal is to provide a safe and fun environment with extraordinary customer service for
every guest. Staff reserves the right to enforce other rules which may not be listed to maintain
a safe and healthy aquatic environment. Please help us achieve this goal by adhering to the
General Aquatic Facility Policies
- For your safety, certified lifeguards are on duty at all times. Please obey lifeguards at all times.
Staff reserves the right to ask patrons to discontinue use of the facility for safety reasons.
- No tobacco products, E-Cigarettes, or Vapor smoking devices are allowed inside the park.
- Children must be 11 or older to enter Aquaport without an adult. Children under 11 may
enter Aquaport with an adult 16 or older.
- United States Coast Guard-approved flotation devices are the only acceptable outside
floatation device. Life jackets are available to rent at the front gate. Rafts and blow up pool
toys are not permitted.
- Non-swimmers should be within arm’s reach of a swimming adult ages 16 or older.
- Persons with an open wound, rash or infectious communicable disease will not be admitted
into the pool.
- Anyone who has experienced a stomach or intestinal illness within the past two weeks should
not enter the water.
- Swim diapers under swimsuits are required for those who are diaper dependent. Baby swim
diapers are available for purchase at the front gate.
- Please shower before using the pools.
- Proper swimsuit attire is required; loose fitting clothes are not permitted due to entrapment
- No roughhousing, horseplay or running. No obscene gestures or language.
- Diving is not permitted anywhere in the aquatic center.
- Prolonged underwater swimming or breath-holding may lead to shallow water blackouts and
are not permitted.
- Food and drink are permitted in concession areas only. Glass is not permitted. Due to choking
hazards, no chewing gum while swimming. No outside food or drink is permitted except a clear
- During periods of low attendance, attractions may be closed.
- Tubes provided are first come, first served. Our tubes must be used on the pink slide and in
the lazy river. Tube must be released to another guest while not in use.
- Diving, flips, handstands or cartwheels into the pool are not permitted.
- Stay clear of walls, ropes and ladders.
- Pink Slide: Single Tubes Only.
- No stopping on any slide.
- For safety, please move out of the slide exit area immediately.
- Pink, Blue, Green Slide: Minimum rider height is 48”.
- Yellow Racer Slide: Minimum rider height is 42”.
- Yellow Kiddie Slide: Rider height is under 48”.
- Please refrain from riding the slides if you have a significant physical ailment or condition,
wear a cast, have neck or back issues, high blood pressure, heart trouble, have a nervous
disorder, may be pregnant or are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Only one person on the slide at a time. Lifeguard will signal riders to enter and ride feet first,
in a seated position or on a tube (pink). Please exit the catch pool immediately.
- Goggles, fins, metal watches, jewelry, shoes, swimsuits with metal or plastic zippers, buckles,
rivets, buttons or metal/plastic ornamentation, go-pros, floatation devices and loose fitting
clothing are not permitted on any slide.
- No standing, running, climbing, pushing, shoving, kneeling, rolling, rotating or stopping down
- Adults who are watching small children must stand to the side of the slide exit. Catching
sliders is not permitted. Sliders must be able to independently swim.
- Enter and exit river only at designated areas. Floaters must follow the direction of the current
and should not block the progress of other users.
- Guests may only use tubes provided and are first come, first served.
- Climbing, sitting, standing or walking on the walls in the lazy river is not permitted.
- No jumping or diving into the lazy river.
- No standing on tubes or stacking of tubes.
- No underwater or independent swimming.
- Everyone must be in a tube.
- The Kiddie area is designed for our youngest guests. Older children may be asked to move to
the leisure area during times of high attendance.
- No pushing, shoving or running allowed.
- Deck furniture is not permitted in the pool.
- Running, horseplay and excessive noise are not permitted.
- Tanning oils, food, drink and glass containers are not permitted.
- Swimmers should use the restroom and shower before using the pools.
- The City of Maryland Heights is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items. Lockers are
available. Locks may be rented from the front gate with a photo ID or key fob. Please do not
leave valuables unattended.
- No cameras, phones or video equipment. (Missouri State Statute 565.250)
Lost and Found
Maryland Heights Parks and Recreation is not responsible for lost or stolen articles. Facility
users are encouraged to keep all valuables in a safe and secure location. A limited supply of
locks are available to rent at the front gate. Maryland Heights Parks and Recreation Staff are
not permitted to hold equipment, valuables or bags for facility users. If an item is lost at
Aquaport, it will be stored at Aquaport, 2344 McKelvey Road, Maryland Heights, MO 63043.
You may email email@example.com to check on the status of a lost item. Lost
items will be stored for a minimum of one week. Towels will only be stored for 24 hours. Any
item of value ($50 retail value or more - iPod, camera, jewelry, cash, etc.) will be turned over to
Violation of any of these rules may result in the patron being asked to leave without refund.
These rules are not inclusive and may change at the manager’s discretion. It is the
responsibility of the patron to read and obey all posted rules.
Aquaport Weather Policy
Aquaport will be closed for the following weather related reasons:
Lightning or Thunder:
If lightning is sighted or thunder is heard then the pool will be closed immediately and will
remain closed until 30 minutes after the last indication of thunder or lightning. Every 15
minutes the weather conditions will be re-evaluated. If the pool has been closed for over an
hour then the Recreation Manager has the option to close the pool for remainder of the day.
Opening of the facility may be delayed due to storms.
To open the aquatic facility for recreational swim the air temperature must be at least 70
degrees by one hour before scheduled opening time. If it is not 70 degrees by one hour before
scheduled opening time we will reassess one hour after scheduled opening time. If at that time
the air temperature is not 70 degrees the pool will remain closed for the day. If the air
temperature reaches 70 degrees by one hour after scheduled opening time, the pool will open
two hours after scheduled opening time.
The aquatic facility can be open during rain but must be closed immediately if the lifeguards are
unable to see the bottom of the pool. The facility will remain closed for 15 minutes and then
will be re-evaluated for visibility. If the facility has been closed for over an hour then the
Recreation Manager has the option to close the facility for remainder of the day.
During a tornado warning all pool patrons must enter the locker rooms or leave the facility.
Once in the building, patrons will follow the instructions given by the pool staff on how to
perform tornado procedures. The pool will be closed immediately and will remain closed until
30 minutes after the last warning. Aquaport closings are at the discretion of Recreation
Manager or the Parks and Recreation Director. Maryland Heights Parks and Recreation has the
right to close aquatic facilities due to weather forecasts. All closings will be communicated
through our parks and recreation mobile app, MHParks, (which is available for free at the Apple App Store or Google Play), on our Facebook page and on our Twitter Account.
Rain Check Policy:
Rain checks will be issued when the pool has been cleared and has remained clear for at least
one hour after the manager has made the announcement to exit the pools. Aquaport will
remain open until the Recreation Manager makes the decision to close for the day. After one
hour, guests can receive a rain check to visit the park on a different day during the season.
Guests MUST present their receipts for all individuals wanting to receive a rain check. Guests
requesting a rain check MUST have been in the park for less than 2 hours to receive a rain
check. There is a time stamp on the receipts; this is why you must keep your receipt. Guest
must be present in order to receive a rain check. A rain check will expire on the last day of the
season and is only redeemable at Aquaport. There will be NO REFUNDS.
Low Attendance Policy:
During periods of low attendance, Maryland Heights Parks and Recreation has the right to close
Aquaport or various attractions within the facility. If a facility closes due to periods of low
attendance, guests may receive a rain check if they have been within the facility for less than 2
hours. Guests MUST present their receipts for all individuals wanting to receive a rain check.
There is a time stamp on the receipts; this is why you must keep your receipt. A rain check will
expire on the last day of the season and is only redeemable at Aquaport. There will be NO
High Attendance Policy:
During periods of high attendance, Maryland Heights Parks and Recreation has the right to
refuse entry to daily guests. Additionally, if guests leave the park they may not be able to
Program Weather Policy:
Every effort will be made by Maryland Heights Parks and Recreation to hold programs
(Examples: Swim lessons, river walking, special events) that start and end during the aquatic
facility’s adjusted hours. Aquatic programming cancellations are at the discretion of the
Recreation Manager. Rain-outs will be communicated through our parks and recreation mobile app, MHParks, (which is available for free at the Apple App Store or Google Play), on our Facebook page and on our Twitter Account. Depending on the program there will be a make-up day or refund granted. All decisions
concerning make-ups and refunds are at the discretion of the Recreation Manager.
For more information, please call the Maryland Heights Parks and Recreation Department at (314) 738-2599.