Dogport is a park for off-leash dogs to play while accompanied by responsible owners. This four-acre park is located on McKelvey Woods Court just north of Aquaport. Dogport has an area for small dogs (30 pounds or less) and a separate area for large dogs (30 pounds and over). Limit two dogs per handler.
Hours of Operation
Dogport is open from sunrise to sunset. No after hours use is permitted. Violators will be subject to fines and loss of membership.
Yearly Membership Fees
To register your dog, bring current Rabies and Bordetella vaccination records to the Community Center during normal business hours. Residents need to bring proof of residency and a photo ID. Bridgeton residents need to bring their current Bridgeton resident ID. All dogs must be six months or older and spayed or neutered in order to purchase a membership. All memberships expire on December 31.
Register Jan. 1-June 30: Resident: $30 ($10/additional dog) • Non-resident: $60 ($20/additional dog)
Register July 1-Dec. 31: Resident: $15 ($5/additional dog) •Non-resident: $30 ($10/additional dog)
Rules and Regulations
- Owners are legally responsible for their dogs and any injuries caused by their dogs.
- All dogs must be spayed or neutered.
- Dog feces must be removed by owners immediately. No bones about it, keep it clean!
- All dogs must be on a leash until inside the fenced area.
- Dog owners must carry a leash at all times, closely supervise their dogs and at no time may the owner leave the fenced area without his/her dog.
- Gates must be closed except when entering or exiting the off-leash area.
- Dogs must wear a current Maryland Heights Dogport tag and up-to-date rabies vaccination tags.
- Dogs must be under voice control at all times.
- Owners must stop dogs from digging and must fill any holes caused by their dogs immediately.
- Pinch, spike and choke collars must be removed prior to entering the fenced off-leash area.
- No children under ten years of age allowed; older children must be under adult supervision. Dog handlers/owners must be at least 16 years of age.
- Dogport may occasionally be closed for Maryland Heights Police K-9 training or park maintenance.
- Professional trainers may not use the park to conduct their business.
- No climbing on or over the fence.
- No smoking or tobacco use inside the fenced area.
- The word "owner" applies to the adult person accompanying the dog(s).
The Following Are Not Allowed in the Fenced Area:
- Dogs in heat
- Aggressive dogs
- Dogs that are ill or injured
- Puppies under six months of age
- Animals other than dogs
- Alcoholic beverages, food, dog treats, rawhide or glass containers
- Bicycles, skateboards, roller skates or blades or any motorized vehicles except wheelchairs