The Centene Community Ice Center offers classes for figure skating, hockey and just for fun from ages 3 to adult. No experience is required. Price includes 5 free public skating passes (passes expire on last day of the session) and skate rental is included during classes.
New classes start every 6 weeks. The next classes start:
- Tuesdays: Oct. 29-Dec. 10 (No class Nov. 26)
- Saturdays: Nov. 2-Dec. 14 (No class Nov. 24)
Each session is $90 (Maryland Heights residents receive a $10 discount) plus an annual $16 Learn to Skate USA membership valid July 1-June 30.
Steps to enroll:
- Register with Learn to Skate USA at www.learntoskateusa.com/registration. You will need your Learn to Skate USA membership number for step 2. The fee is $16.
- Next, click here to enroll in a particular session(s). These sessions are organized by age and ability, so please check the descriptions below to identify the category that best fits your experience level and interests. These descriptions are also available at www.learntoskate.com/registration and that some categories have more than one level.
- A Maryland Heights Parks and Recreation staff member will contact you to finalize payment.
Snowplow Sam (Ages 3-6): Designed for kids under six to build confidence while learning to skate incorporating fun and games making class time an enjoyable experience for all.
Basic Skills (Ages 7-16): These lessons put the FUN in fundamentals as your skaters enjoy learning the basics of ice skating. This program contains six different levels.
Hockey (Ages 7-16): Before you can score a goal, you need to learn to skate. In the hockey program, skaters will learn how to be proficient and agile on the ice.
Free Skate (must pass Basic 6): Transitions, spins and jumps. More progressive skating skills like these give more determined skaters like yours challenges they crave.
Adult (Ages 17+): Ice skating is for the kid in all of us. The adult curriculum is designed for beginning and experienced skaters who wish to improve their skills.