Electric Service

To establish a new account for electricity, make inquiries or report an emergency, call Ameren Missouri at (314) 342-1000.

Gas Supply

Laclede Gas Company provides gas service to the Maryland Heights area. If you need to set up an account, have questions or need to report an emergency, call (314) 621-6960.

Solid Waste Collection Service

The city provides free once-weekly trash, yard waste and recycling collection to all single-family homes and condominiums through a contract with Allied Waste. Allied Waste's customer service department can be contacted at (636) 947-5959.

Water Service

The Missouri American Water Company provides water services for Maryland Heights residents. To set up service, ask questions or report emergencies, call Missouri American Water Company's Customer Service at (866) 430-0820 or (800) 256-6426. For other business, call (314) 991-3404.

Metropolitan Sewer District (MSD)

MSD provides sanitary sewer service to the area. The water supplier and/or real estate companies usually notify MSD of new households, so it is not necessary for residents to call and set up service. For emergencies and billing inquiries, call (314) 768-6260 or (314) 768-6200.

Driver’s License Renewal

For a list of local license offices, visit http://dor.mo.gov/offloc.


Post Office

Two post offices serve Maryland Heights. The primary office is located at Dorsett Road and Weldon Parkway, and the west county branch is at 2002 Congressional Drive, south of Page Avenue east of Westport Plaza Drive. For more information, call (800) 275-8777, or check the U.S. Postal Service web site at www.usps.gov.

City Property Tax

Maryland Heights is among a small number of cities where residents do not pay a city property tax.

Tax Rebates

The City of Maryland Heights refunds municipal taxes paid on utilities for senior residents or residents with a disability. Senior residents must be at least age 62 on or before Nov. 1 of the current year and be retired. For residents with a disability, annual income must be less than $10,000 excluding Social Security Disability Income or other disability payments.

Rebates are calculated on designated days during November of each year (check our calendar for this year’s dates). When coming to have their rebates calculated, residents must bring in utility bills (water, gas, electric and telephone bills) for the period beginning Nov. 1 of the prior year through Oct. 31 of the current year. In addition, senior residents should bring proof of age and disabled residents must bring a Social Security award letter. For more information, please contact Rebate Coordinator Sue Croci at (314) 738-2599.


Last updated: 6/19/2013 10:55:08 AM