Fourth of July celebrations would not be complete without a dazzling display of fireworks. The key to keeping the holiday safe, fun and enjoyable for everyone is to leave fireworks to the professionals. Fireworks are illegal in Maryland Heights and throughout St. Louis County. Although the City of Maryland Heights does not organize a fireworks display, there are numerous municipalities and celebrations throughout the area that will feature fireworks. The list below, prepared by Explore St. Louis and available on its website, includes these July 4th celebrations occurring throughout the metro area.
Please note that this is not an endorsement of any particular event and is only intended to inform the public of available celebrations throughout the metro area. Please remember to always follow safety precautions. If celebrating in an area where fireworks are allowed, safety tips are available here: http://www.cpsc.gov/fireworks
- Fair Saint Louis On July 2-4, Fair Saint Louis, a.k.a. America’s Biggest Birthday Party, will be alive with the sounds of hip-hop recording artist Akon, alternative rockers 3 DOORS DOWN and country music superstar Jake Owen and more in Forest Park. On Saturday, July 1, the 135th Annual VP Parade will begin at 10 a.m. in downtown St. Louis and Fair Saint Louis will open in Forest Park at noon. Zip line, human slingshot rides, the STEAM exhibit presented by SCOPE, The Fairway and the Interactive Zone and Ameren/Purina Family Festival Zone will all return for the fair.
- Webster Groves Community Days On July 1-4, Visit Webster Groves for a four day Independence Day celebration featuring a carnival, BBQ, parade and fireworks in Memorial Park.
- St. Charles Riverfest On July 1-4, celebrate the Fourth in Frontier Park with carnival rides, live music, parade and fireworks near the Missouri River.
- Chesterfield 4th of July Fireworks Celebration On July 4, Lawn chairs and blankets are encouraged in the parking lot of Chesterfield Mall for live music, children’s activities, food and fireworks.
- Kirkwood Community Freedom Festival and Fireworks On July 4, the festivities will include music, fireworks and food trucks on the Fourth.
- JB Blast On Saturday, July 1 at Jefferson Barracks, the U.S. Air Force Band will perform live music at the Veteran’s Memorial Amphitheater and the celebration will conclude with fireworks.
- Heritage & Freedom Fest Celebrate July 2-4 in O’Fallon, Mo at the Ozzie Smith Sports Complex with music, a parade, carnival, kids activities, food and fireworks.
- Fireworks in Hazelwood At White Birch Park, blankets & lawn chairs are encouraged for the fireworks display on July 4th.
- Ferguson Family Fun Festival A daylong festival on July 4th complete with a parade, children’s entertainment, food, music and fireworks at January Wabash Park.
- Fourth of July, Ellisville Enjoy live music, fireworks and eat your favorite festival foods in Bluebird Park on July 4th.
- Alton’s Fireworks Spectacular This event will be held on July 3 at the Alton Amphitheater at Riverfront Park. The fireworks display will begin at 9:30 p.m.
- Patriots in the Park June 29-July 4 in Granite City’s Wilson Park, the celebration will begin with a carnival on June 29 and end with a car show, concerts, food, carriage rides and other entertainment on July 4.
- Grafton Fireworks Watch fireworks light up the night sky at 9 p.m. on Saturday July 1st in Grafton.
- Arnold July 4th Celebration For the holiday, Arnold City Park will be alive with music, food, drinks and an evening of fireworks.
- Independence Day in Columbia, IL A daylong event on July 4th at American Legion Memorial Park, the festivities will include kid’s activities, food and fireworks.