City Clerk's Office
The City Clerk is the custodian of all city records and is the authorized official responsible for candidate filings and submission of certifications and other information related to municipal elections to the St. Louis County Board of Election Commissioners. Other duties of the City Clerk are to maintain the journal of the proceedings of the council and administer official oaths and oaths to persons certifying to demands or claims against the city.
The responsibility of the City Clerk’s Office is to:
- Prepare and maintain the minutes of City Council proceedings
- Issue and certify official documents
- Prepare, post and file agendas, official public notices of meetings, and the publication of advertisements, as required by law
- Provide voter registration and notary public services
- Coordinate the codification of the Municipal Code Book
- Maintain lists of subdivision trustees and resident boards and commissions
- Process and issue liquor licenses, business licenses, vendors licenses and solicitor permits.
- Implement the city’s records management program consisting of microfilming, storage of records, destruction of records, and indexing of minutes
Apply for a License or Permit
Resolutions, Ordinances, & Meeting Minutes
Request a Public Record
To obtain a business license in the City of Maryland Heights, you will need to complete the following:
- Application for Business License
- click here for a printable business license application
- A Police Emergency Contact Form (included in the applications above)
- A No Tax Due Letter. If your business has retail sales, this letter is mandatory.
- Click here to email application and applicable paperwork to staff. Staff will then email you an invoice and directions on how to pay online.
- Click here to complete payment to cover the Occupancy and Business License Fees online or mail a check with the application to 11911 Dorsett Rd. Make checks payable to the City of Maryland Heights. If you are unsure on how to obtain your totals, please email the Business License Clerk.
- Click here to find your Sales and Use Tax Rate Summary by Location
Once you have passed the occupancy inspection, we will issue an occupancy permit and business license. The license and permit will be mailed to your new location, unless otherwise specified.
Your license is renewed annually. You will be sent a renewal form each year in May and the renewal is due by the end of June. For more information on renewing your business license, click here.
Due to recent changes to state law, the City of Maryland Heights no longer issues home-based business licenses. If your business trade requires documentation verifying the status of your home-based business, please contact a member of the Planning & Zoning staff at (314) 291-6550.
All Other License Applications
- Solicitor's License Application
- Itinerant Merchant License Application - Click here to complete payment online; use the option of "other."
- Vending License Application - Click here to complete payment online; use the option of "other."
- Telecommunication Antennae License Application - Click here to complete payment online; use the option of "other."
- Special Event License Application - (temporarily suspended)
- Change in License Holder (To change the person who is the owner/managing officer of the company; any change in corporate structure or FEIN changes requires a new license application to be submitted.)