Maryland Heights Theater
Maryland Heights Theater is looking for actors and actresses ages 8 and older to perform in upcoming shows. No experience necessary! Contact Ashley for more information.
Sculpture on the Move
Currently on display:
- "Agitated Avians" by Craig Snyder at Quiet Hollow Park
- "Bench, Please!" by Ben Pierce at the back of Vago Park (pictured above)
- "Blue Sails," "Moons," and "Sticks" by Jessie Cargas at the Maryland Heights Community Center
- "Grandiloquence" by Jillian Springer at the entrance to Vago Park
- "Growth" by Don and Carol Horstman near the intersection of Millwell Drive and Midland Ave.
Visual Art Series
Visit the Community Center and the Government Center lobbies during business hours to view professional works from artist in your own community, free of charge. If you'd like to be considered or someone you know would like to have their art displayed, fill out an application here.
2021 Call to Art - Deadline to Apply is Wednesday, September 1
Exhibitions in City Facilities:
The City of Maryland Heights Cultural Art Commission is now accepting proposals for exhibitions in City Facilities.Exhibitions are juried and must meet the following criteria:
- All entries must be the original, creative work executed by the artist. Not eligible for entry are mass-produced items, items made in “workrooms” and any items made from commercial kits or molds. Display space accommodates 2D framed or gallery wrapped wall art. No sculpture, video or ceiling suspended work will be accepted. (see Display Details" below for more information)
- All artists interested in displaying their work must submit an application via the Maryland Heights City website. The process includes uploading digital images of artwork to be considered. Apply by clicking here.
- Accepted artists agree to assume the responsibility for delivery, installation and removal of artwork to and from City of Maryland Heights. (See below for additional display details.) All artwork MUST remain up until the end of the contracted period.
- For insurance purposes, accepted artists will be required to submit an assessed value and image for each piece of artwork to be displayed.
- Accepted artists agree to facilitate promotion of the displays, which may include being filmed, participation in press interviews, documentaries, and/or film/photo releases of the artist or artwork, and the inclusion of said images in any press releases, articles or other publications as seen fit by the show curators.
- Artist is responsible for the sale of any artwork. (see Sales & Commission below for more information)
- All facilities are public spaces. The City has the right to revoke unsuitable art for public viewing. City of Maryland Heights reserves the right to display artwork at its sole discretion.
Display space accommodates wall art. The dimensions of the display areas are as follows:
- Maryland Heights Community Center Hallway: 10 feet high by 25 feet long
- Government Center Lobby Wall #1: 10 feet high by 8.5 feet long
- Government Center Lobby Wall #2: 10 feet high by 12.75 feet long
- Government Center Lobby Wall #3: 10 feet high by 16 feet long
- No sculpture, video or ceiling suspended work will be accepted.
- 2D artwork must be framed and ready for hanging (no saw tooth hangers please).
- Gallery wrapped canvases do not need to be framed; however all other artwork must be framed. City facilities use the Arkawa hanging system.
- The City of Maryland Heights does not charge a commission on sales made during the exhibition. The artist is required to attach a card next to each piece including artist name, medium, size and the name of the artwork. Prices are not allowed to be listed on name cards.
- Artists may provide business cards and/or a sales sheet listing each piece and its price that will be kept at the front desk, and shared with potential buyers upon request. Potential buyers will be provided information to contact the artist directly. Artists will retain 100% of sales.
Those selected will be notified by the end of September. Each showing will last for seven weeks. For additional information, please email us.