Description : The Maryland Heights Parks and Recreation Department has multiple openings for a Preschool Leader. This position works directly with preschool age children and assists in the planning, organizing, and implementing of preschool programming.
Preschool Leaders work a maximum of 29 hours per week, Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm with a flexible schedule. The pay range for this position is $11.80 - $13.00 per hour, depending on qualifications.
Must be able to pass a background check and drug test for this position.
1. Works as part of a team of employees to organize, plan and implement preschool programming. Provides a quality of teaching to comply with the standards of the Maryland Heights Parks and Recreation Department.
2. Ensures equipment of the facility is clean, well-maintained and safe at all times.
3. Oversees the receiving and dismissing of children from the preschool according to security policies.
4. Engages children in creative play, songs, and stories and otherwise provides a happy and educational experience.
5. Adheres to all emergency procedures. Attends all staff meetings and training as necessary.
Required Education and Experience:
1. High school diploma or GED, plus previous childcare experience. CPR/AED certification preferred.
2. Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills, especially dealing with parents and children in a professional manner.
3. Ability to bend, stoop, squat, reach, lift and carry minimum of 50 pounds.
4. Possesses strong organizational and problem solving skills. Attention to details is critical.
Applicants may send an updated resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or access the City's employment application here. Applications may also be mailed to Human Resources at 11911 Dorsett Road, Maryland Heights, MO 63043.
The City of Maryland Heights conducts drug testing in accordance with 49 C.F.R. PARTS 40, Part 29, and 655 as Amended, and FMCSA 382.
Deadline for Applying : Aug 5, 2021 05:34 PM