The City of Maryland Heights is seeking part time Custodians to work independently and as part of a crew to clean and maintain public buildings for the City of Maryland Heights. Custodians must be willing to work a variety of shifts including mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Starting pay for this position is $13.40 per hour.
Individuals hired for this position must pass a pre-employment drug test and background check.
The City of Maryland Heights requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain an exemption approved by the City prior to the start date.
- Set up rooms for rental per specifications of the renter; cleans room, takes down and removes room set-up after rentals; moves tables, chairs and other furniture and equipment required for room set-up.
- Cleans and maintains public buildings by performing minor repairs on furniture, buildings, and equipment;
- Maintains floors by sweeping, scrubbing, mopping, waxing and vacuuming; emptying and cleaning trash receptacles;
- Cleaning, sanitizing and supplying bathrooms; locking and unlocking doors; using necessary equipment to perform the duties assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior custodial experience using a variety of cleaning equipment preferred.
- Ability to perform physical labor and lift 30-50 pounds is required.
- Frequent bending, crouching, reaching, standing and walking are required.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with other employees as well as independently.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions in a timely manner.
Click here to apply online. Applications and resumes can be submitted to email@example.com or faxed to 314-738-2422. Along with the application, applicants should submit the names and contact information of at least three references who are not related.
The City of Maryland Heights conducts drug testing in accordance with 49 C.F.R. PARTS 40, Part 29, and 655 as Amended, and FMCSA 382.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled