The Maryland Heights Parks and Recreation Department is seeking applicants for a part-time bus driver. This position operates a 16-passenger bus that provides transportation to senior citizens in and around the Maryland Heights area. The part time Bus Driver works approximately 6-25 hours per week with starting pay at $14.15 per hour. Hours range between 7:30 am and 4:30 pm.
The City of Maryland Heights has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. Employees are required to be fully vaccinated or must have had an exception approved by City.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safely operates 16-passenger bus to provide transportation for Maryland Heights residents to surrounding businesses and medical appointments.
- Interacts well with seniors and individuals with disabilities.
- Assists riders with packages and getting on and off vehicle.
- Keeps open communication with Recreation Specialist.
- Maintains vehicle, including fueling and cleaning.
- Notifies supervisor of needed servicing and repair.
- Accurately completing daily report.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent. At least 21 years of age. Valid commercial driver license (CDL) or ability to obtain one. Ability to operate necessary tools and equipment including 16-passenger bus and wheelchair lift. Must have a safe driving record and pay attention to details.
Must pass a criminal background check and drug test.
Click here to apply online. Applications and resumes can be submitted to email@example.com or faxed to 314-738-2422. Along with the application, applicants should submit the names and contact information of at least three references who are not related.
The City of Maryland Heights conducts drug testing in accordance with 49 C.F.R. PARTS 40, Part 29, and 655 as Amended, and FMCSA 382.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled