Working under the Director of Public Works, the Project Manager will perform a variety of complex technical work related to land use development projects and City projects and programs.
The bi-weekly pay range for this position is $2,468.08 to $3,710.31
The City of Maryland Heights requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain an exemption approved by the City prior to the start date.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Assists in the negotiation of contracts and provides management for the design of projects; Oversees project design to ensure compliance with schedule, contract deliverables, standards and budget parameters. Approves design consultant invoices for payment
- Coordinates the acquisition of property for public works projects; review legal descriptions, exhibits, appraisals and other property related documents
- Assists in preparing the five year capital improvement plan
- Reviews Private Site Development Plans
- Chair project and utility meetings with engineers and project stakeholders to discuss project schedules, conflicts, coordination and other items regarding projects
- Prepares Surface Transportation Plan applications, coordinate approved projects with MoDOT
- Assists in capital project construction inspections/project management as needed
- Related duties as required or assigned
A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or a closely related field; minimum of 3 years of experience in a related field or municipal environment, Professional Engineer registered with the State of Missouri within 6 months of employment. A valid driver license and safe driving record are also required. Must be physically capable of moving about on construction sites.
Additional Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Shows integrity in dealing with others
- Thorough knowledge of civil engineering principles, practices and methods in a municipal setting
- Knowledge of applicable City policies, laws and regulations affecting department activities
- Skilled at estimating costs for complex projects
- Ability to review and approve difficult and complex engineering formulas, estimates, design documents and specifications
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent writing skills
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office software suite and good keyboarding skills
The City of Maryland Heights conducts drug testing in accordance with 49 C.F.R. PARTS 40, Part 29, and 655 as Amended, and FMCSA 382.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled