The City of Maryland Heights is seeking applicants for the position of Fitness Instructor to work at the Community Center. The Fitness Instructor will develop and implement class instruction that complies with class format while demonstrating adaptability and making each class enjoyable. The position requires agility and the ability to perform physical activity for the duration of the class.
The Fitness Instructor works under the general supervision of a Recreation Assistant and/or Recreation Specialist.
The starting pay for this position is $22.00 per hour DOE.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach scheduled group fitness classes
- Prepare appropriate equipment and music before each class
- Instruct participants on proper form, techniques, and equipment use
- Perform exercises and movements as demonstrations to clients
- Enforce facility rules and regulations
- Set up and clean up after class
- Promote a positive image of the Parks and Recreation Department
- Education and Experience:
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent.
- Nationally recognized certification(s)
- CPR certification (required)
- At least 18 years of age.
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet client needs
Click here to apply online. Applications and resumes can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 314-738-2422. Along with the application, applicants should submit the names and contact information of at least three references who are not related.
The City of Maryland Heights conducts drug testing in accordance with 49 C.F.R. PARTS 40, Part 29, and 655 as Amended, and FMCSA 382.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled