The City of Maryland Heights is seeking applicants for an internship in the Communications Division. This internship position works in the office of the Communications Manager and will have the opportunity to participate in a wide variety of communications tasks.
The internship’s specific schedule is negotiable and flexible. The work schedule will include mostly days, but some evenings and weekends for event coverage will be required. Individuals hired for this position must pass a drug test and a background check.
Compensation is $15 per hour.
Provides assistance to the Communications Manager in tasks including writing articles for newsletters, social media posts and website content; taking and editing photographs; graphic design; media relations; help plan and promote special events; marketing; website maintenance; and social media management. Video production skills are not required, but would be helpful.
- HS diploma or equivalent
- Applicants must be enrolled in a program pursuing an associate, undergraduate or graduate degree in public relations, journalism, marketing or another communication-related field.
- Applicants must submit the following documents:
- A letter of interest addressed to the Human Resources Manager, Melissa Weiss. Include specific areas of interest the applicant would like to pursue, such as writing, graphic design, video production, photography and social media management.
- A list of communications courses taken.
- A resume that includes any experience with specific design, web or video production software (for example, Adobe Creative Suite)
- A letter of reference from a college advisor or professor.
Applicants can access and complete the City application online here or download a PDF here. Applications may be faxed to 314-738-2422, mailed to Human Resources at 11911 Dorsett Road, Maryland Heights, MO 63043 or emailed to email@example.com. Along with the application, applicants should submit the names and contact information of at least three references who are not related.
The City of Maryland Heights conducts drug testing in accordance with 49 C.F.R. PARTS 40, Part 29, and 655 as Amended, and FMCSA 382.
Deadline for Applying: Open until filled
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled