The Recreation Specialist for Adult and Senior Programs works at the Maryland Heights Community Center and oversees the planning, organizing and coordinating of adult and senior programming and events for the community such as senior monthly luncheons and bingos, trips, volunteer service days, pop up markets, murder mystery dinners, adult egg hunt, adult bingos, Van Go transportation services and more.
Annual Pay Range for this position is $46,620 - $59,428.
The City of Maryland Heights requires employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain an exemption approved by the City.
Successful candidate must pass a drug test and background check as condition of employment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver a safe and excellent customer service experience to our residents, members and patrons.
- Coordinates part-time recreation staff in the development and implementation of community recreation programs.
- Supervises classes, workshops and activities for persons engaged in recreation programs and co-sponsored programs.
- Selects, plans, and implements special interest activities.
- Responds to public inquiries about recreation programs made by telephone, correspondence, or during public meetings.
- Registers program participants and collects fees.
- Provides conflict resolution.
- Interview, hire, schedule, train, supervise and evaluate part-time program staff.
- Conduct staff meetings and on-going training to team members.
- Prepares statistical reports and annual budgets.
- Support Emergency Response as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
Graduation from a four‑year college or university with a degree in recreation or a closely related field.
- Two years recreation experience.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of recreation philosophy, planning and administration.
- Considerable knowledge of the equipment, facilities, operations and techniques used in a comprehensive community recreation program.
- Ability to develop, coordinate, and direct varied activities involved in a community recreation program; Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, other agencies, participants, instructors, community leaders, and the general public.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to plan and supervise the work of paid staff and volunteers.
- Knowledge and skill in public relations and customer service.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to take instruction from supervisor in planning and detail of activities and events and follow through with implementation and evaluation.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks and handle multiple tasks simultaneously as well as a member of a team.
- Ability to effectively lead and supervise staff.
- Strong computer skills essential, including an understanding of recreation software and Microsoft programs including Word, Excel and Outlook.
The City of Maryland Heights conducts drug testing in accordance with 49 C.F.R. PARTS 40, Part 29, and 655 as Amended, and FMCSA 382.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled