The Customer Relations Specialist works at the front desk of the Community Center taking registrations, making reservations, selling memberships, answering phones and assisting patrons of the facility. Additionally, the Customer Relations Specialist acts as the Supervisor on Duty when directed.
The starting annual salary for this position is $41,161.
The City of Maryland Heights requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain an exemption approved by the City prior to the start date.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Takes registrations for programs, pavilion and facility reservations.
- Sells memberships and creates ID cards.
- Collects fees and processes paperwork through dedicated software.
- Prepares deposits.
- Opens and closes the front desk operations; responsible for cash management.
- Answers telephones and responds to customer inquiries and complaints.
- Works in cooperative or assisting manner for constant improvement of all aspects of the Maryland Heights Parks and Recreation Department.
- Acts as the Supervisor on Duty for the Maryland Heights Community Center when directed.
- Conducts facility tours.
- Sets up gym activities.
- Supports emergency response as needed.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
High school diploma or equivalent required; 4-5 years of related experience; experience in a municipal government setting preferred. Must have ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions, good keyboarding skills, proficiency using Microsoft Office suite, and the ability to learn new software. Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships. Must have effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to deal with the public in a courteous and professional manner.
Interested applicants may submit a current resume’ and cover letter to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 314-738-2422. You may also access and complete the city's employment application by clicking here. Please furnish a list of three professional references when applying for this position.
The City of Maryland Heights conducts drug testing in accordance with 49 C.F.R. PARTS 40, Part 29, and 655 as Amended, and FMCSA 382./ANSWER
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled