The City of Maryland Heights seeks a full time Court Administrator. This position manages and supervises the day-to-day operations of the Municipal Court and associated staff and works under the broad policy guidance and direction of the Municipal Judge and general guidance and direction of the City Administrator. Work is performed with considerable discretion within the framework of established court procedures
The annual pay for the position is $58,851-$88,471.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carries out supervisory responsibility in accordance with city policies, procedures and applicable laws including: selection, training in job skills, planning, assigning and directing work, and appraising performance addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Plans, allocates, and monitors time, people, equipment and other resources for the Court to ensure efficient organization and completion of work.
- Monitors and communicates policies, procedures and standards for the Court to identify and correct deficiencies or problems.
- Plans, organizes, assigns, reviews, and controls work production and activities, to include procedures, allocation of resources, problem resolution, and training of employees.
- Prepares annual municipal court budget; administers adopted court budget in accordance with city policies and procedures. Oversees accounting of revenues and expenditures.
- Processes papers, letters, reports, documents, correspondence and handles telephone calls for the judges and the court. Prepares written responses and other correspondence as necessary.
- Coordinates court matters with judges, defendants, defense counsel, city prosecutor, Police Department, probation officers, social service agencies and other levels of the criminal justice administration system.
- Implements and regularly reviews systems of internal controls to insure that all costs, fines and forfeitures imposed by the municipal court or collected under its authority are regularly reconciled and paid into the city treasury
- Plans, organizes and directs all non-judicial activities of the municipal court including preparation of dockets, collections of fines, issuance and processing of warrants, accepting complaints and preparation of report.
- Participates in policy development for the court including planning, development, revision, and interpreting of court administrative procedures, policies and systems.
- Investigates problems that affect court operations and recommends or implements corrective measures.
- Compiles and analyzes data on court activity to monitor management performance and prepare activity reports.
- Conducts research as needed to analyze current and alternative personnel, facilities and data management systems and consults with judicial staff of court to evaluate findings and recommendations.
- Resolves questions and complaints raised by court personnel, attorneys, and members of other organizations and public.
- Performs the day-today activities that are required to keep the department functioning effectively but are not specifically related to the assignment.
- Communicates clearly and effectively orally and in writing.
- Uses tact, discretion, initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines.
- All other duties as assigned
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor's degree in court administration, public administration, business administration or related field supplemented by seven to ten (7-10) years of progressively responsible municipal court experience and three years of supervisory experience. Court Administration Certification through the Missouri Training Institute, University of Missouri or other comparable institution. Certified Court Clerk a plus, with knowledge of Show Me Courts, OSCA reporting, ITI/Omnigo, and financial requirements.
The PDF application can be submitted to email@example.com or faxed to 314-738-2402.
The City of Maryland Heights conducts drug testing in accordance with 49 C.F.R. PARTS 40, Part 29, and 655 as Amended, and FMCSA 382.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled