The Maryland Heights Parks and Recreation Department is seeking applicants for a part-time bus driver position. This position operates a 16-passenger bus that provides transportation to senior citizens in and around the Maryland Heights area. Pay starts at $12.30 per hour.
The City of Maryland Heights has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. Employees are required to be fully vaccinated or must have had an exception approved by City.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Safely operates 16-passenger bus to provide transportation for Maryland Heights residents to surrounding businesses and medical appointments.
- Interacts well with seniors and individuals with disabilities.
- Assists riders with packages and getting on and off vehicle.
- Keeps open communication with Recreation Specialist.
- Maintains vehicle, including fueling and cleaning.
- Notifies supervisor of needed servicing and repair.
- Accurately completing daily report.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent. At least 21 years of age. Valid commercial driver license (CDL) or ability to obtain one. Ability to operate necessary tools and equipment including 16-passenger bus and wheelchair lift. Must have a safe driving record. and attention to details. Must pass a background check and drug test.
This position works approximately 6 to 25 hours per week.
Contact : Applicants may send an updated resume and cover letter to email@example.com or access the City's employment application here. Applications may also be mailed to Human Resources at 11911 Dorsett Road, Maryland Heights, MO 63043. The position is open until filled.
The City of Maryland Heights conducts drug testing in accordance with 49 C.F.R. PARTS 40, Part 29, and 655 as Amended, and FMCSA 382.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled