The City of Maryland Heights is accepting applications for Lifeguard. Lifeguards will work a varied schedule that will include evenings, weekends and holidays.
Individuals hired for this position must pass a drug test and a background check. As a safety sensitive position, lifeguards are subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
The starting pay for this position is $10.40 per hour.
The City of Maryland Heights has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. Employees are required to be fully vaccinated or must have had an exception approved by City.
Provide a safe aquatic environment for patrons of the City's aquatic facilities by following American Red Cross Lifeguard training, CPR/AED, first aid and established emergency action procedures. Teach American Red Cross based swimming lessons; assist with maintenance of pool and pool facilities; assist with other departmental programs and events as needed.
1. Must be able to lift and carry or move up to 25 pounds
2. Must be able to communicate effectively
3. Must be able to work independently as well as with a team
4. Must be certified in American Red Cross Lifeguard Training
5. Must be able to work harmoniously with co-workers and patrons
6. Must be available for pre-season site specific training to include: facility safety and emergency action plan, scheduling, and site specific policies and procedures
7. Must be available to work for the entire operating season from opening day (Saturday before Memorial Day) through the last day of operation (Labor Day).
Applicants can access and complete the City application here. Applications may be faxed to 314-738-2422, mailed to Human Resources at 11911 Dorsett Road, Maryland Heights, MO 63043 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Along with the application, applicants should submit the names and contact information of at least three references who are not related.
The City of Maryland Heights conducts drug testing in accordance with 49 C.F.R. PARTS 40, Part 29, and 655 as Amended, and FMCSA 382.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled