Description : The Parks and Recreation Department of the City of Maryland Heights has an opening for a part-time Dance Instructor. This position plans, organizes, and implements dance curriculum, routines and instruction to children age’s three to ten.
The Dance Instructor works at scheduled dance classes. The pay range for this position is $18.00 to $30.00 per hour based on experience.
Individuals hired for this position must pass a drug test and a background check.
The City of Maryland Heights has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. Employees are required to be fully vaccinated or must have had an exception approved by City.
Develops and leads age appropriate dance curriculum and routines; ensures class safety; choreographs routines and selects music for recitals.
1. High school diploma or equivalent and previous dance instruction experience; CPR/AED certification preferred.
2. Upbeat and engaging personality and ability to provide a fun and educational environment for students
3. Ability to exhibit patience and understanding when working with students of different abilities
4. Strong organizational and problem solving skills; attention to detail
5. Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with students, co-workers, supervisors and patrons of the facility
6. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
7. Ability to bend, stoop, squat, reach, lift and carry up to 25 pounds
Applicants can access and complete the City application here. Applications may be faxed to 314-738-2422, mailed to Human Resources at 11911 Dorsett Road, Maryland Heights, MO 63043 or emailed to email@example.com. Along with the application, applicants should submit the names and contact information of at least three references who are not related.
The City of Maryland Heights conducts drug testing in accordance with 49 C.F.R. PARTS 40, Part 29, and 655 as Amended, and FMCSA 382.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled