The City of Maryland Heights Parks and Recreation Department is accepting applications for a part-time Parks Maintenance Aide. This position assists the full-time Parks Maintenance staff in the maintenance and upkeep of the City’s Parks facilities. The Parks Maintenance Aide is a year round position working up to 29 hours per week. The starting rate of pay is $11.80 per hour. Applicants must be available to work a varied schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
Individuals hired for this position must pass a drug test and background check.
- Performs various manual labor, custodial duties, park maintenance and related tasks.
- Performs mowing and trimming of park areas with tractor, small mowers and small power equipment.
- Reports to supervisor any safety concerns noticed in parks and facilities.
- Maintains all landscaped areas of park facilities including watering, weeding and mulching as required.
- Removes trash from all areas of facility including parking lots and building grounds.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- General knowledge of Parks rules and regulations
- Ability to perform physical labor for extended periods outdoors, under a variety of weather conditions.
- Ability to stand, walk, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Required to wear personal protective equipment and follow all safety procedures.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with supervisors and other employees, as well as independently.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions in a timely manner.
Applicants can access and complete the City application here. Applications may be faxed to 314-738-2422, mailed to Human Resources at 11911 Dorsett Road, Maryland Heights, MO 63043 or emailed to email@example.com.
Along with the application, please submit the names and contact information of at least three references who are not related.
The City of Maryland Heights conducts drug testing in accordance with 49 C.F.R. PARTS 40, Part 29, and 655 as Amended, and FMCSA 382.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled