Custodians work independently and as part of a crew to clean and maintain public buildings for the City of Maryland Heights. Custodians must be willing to work a variety of shifts including mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Set up rooms for rental per specifications of the renter; cleans room, takes down and removes room set-up after rentals; moves tables, chairs and other furniture and equipment required for room set-up.
- Cleans and maintains public buildings by performing minor repairs on furniture, buildings, and equipment;
- Maintains floors by sweeping, scrubbing, mopping, waxing and vacuuming; emptying and cleaning trash receptacles;
- Cleaning, sanitizing and supplying bathrooms; locking and unlocking doors; using necessary equipment to perform the duties assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior custodial experience using a variety of cleaning equipment preferred.
- Ability to perform physical labor and lift 30-50 pounds is required.
- Frequent bending, crouching, reaching, standing and walking are required.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with other employees as well as independently.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions in a timely manner.
Contact : Applicants can access and complete the City application here. Applications may be faxed to 314-738-2422, mailed to Human Resources at 11911 Dorsett Road, Maryland Heights, MO 63043 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Along with the application, please submit the names and contact info of at least three references who are not related.
The City of Maryland Heights conducts drug testing in accordance with 49 C.F.R. PARTS 40, Part 29, and 655 as Amended.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled