The City of Maryland Heights is accepting applications for Youth Sports Assistant at the Maryland Heights Community Center. The Youth Sports Assistant provides close supervision to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the youth participants while assisting the sports instructor in a variety of sports such as soccer, t-ball, basketball and volleyball.
The Youth Sports Assistant is a year-round, part-time position working up to 10 hours per week. The work schedule varies depending on the sport and may include evenings and weekends as necessary. The starting pay range for Youth Sports Assistant is $9.45 per hour.
Individuals hired for this position must pass a drug test and a background check.
- Demonstrates a variety of athletic skills to aid in the instruction and coaching of youth participants.
- Assists the sports instructor in designing and implementing sports strategies for a variety of sports.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with children and parents; supervisors and coworkers.
- Maintains all equipment and supplies used in the program to ensure safety of the participants.
- Willingness to enforce the rules and regulations as set forth by the Parks and Recreation Department.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must possess knowledge of the specific sport and rules governing the sport.
- Must meet physical demands of the position including the ability to stand, bend, stoop, squat, reach, lift and carry up to 25 pounds on occasion.
Applicants can access and complete the City application here. Applications may be faxed to 314-738-2422, mailed to Human Resources at 11911 Dorsett Road, Maryland Heights, MO 63043 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Along with the application, applicants should submit the names and contact information of at least three references who are not related.
The City of Maryland Heights conducts drug testing in accordance with 49 C.F.R. PARTS 40, Part 29, and 655 as Amended, and FMCSA 382.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled