The City of Maryland Heights is accepting applications for Sports Instructor – Youth Basketball at the Maryland Heights Community Center. The Youth Basketball Instructor plans, organizes, teaches and supervises youth basketball through drills, games and fundamental instruction.
The Youth Basketball Instructor is a year-round, part-time position working up to 10 hours per week. The work schedule and hours will vary including evenings and weekends as necessary. The pay range for Sports Instructor – Youth Basketball is
$12.00 per hour and up based on experience.
Individuals hired for this position must pass a drug test and a background check.
- Demonstrate and teach proper basketball techniques and instructions to youth participants.
- Ability to teach beginner basketball fundamentals including – shooting, passing, dribbling and positions.
- Ability to create, run and promote basketball clinics and camps.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with children and parents; supervisors and coworkers.
- Maintain all equipment and supplies used in the program to ensure safety of the participants.
- Willingness to enforce the rules and regulations as set forth by the Parks and Recreation Department.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must possess knowledge of the specific sport and rules governing the sport. Must have coached or played basketball before.
- Must be organized and prepared to lead the group while providing a fun and safe learning environment.
- Must meet physical demands of the position including the ability to stand, bend, stoop, squat, reach, lift and carry up to 25 pounds on occasion.
Applicants can access and complete the City application here. Applications may be faxed to 314-738-2422, mailed to Human Resources at 11911 Dorsett Road, Maryland Heights, MO 63043 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Along with the application, applicants should submit the names and contact information of at least three references who are not related.
The City of Maryland Heights conducts drug testing in accordance with 49 C.F.R. PARTS 40, Part 29, and 655 as Amended, and FMCSA 382.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled