How To Report a Problem

Cracked sidewalk? Blocked driveway? Noise complaints? These are just some of the issues we're asked about on a regular basis - but many members of our community don't always know where to report. Luckily, there's a number of quick and convenient ways for people to report problems to the City!

The easiest way to report a problem with us is on our website. First, visit the City’s website at At the top of the page, click “I Want To” and then “Report a Problem”. You can use the Citizen Access Portal to report many problems including issues with roads or sidewalks, illegal dumping, issues with parks, or private property concerns like illegal vehicles parked in the yard. This page can also be accessed directly by visiting If you would like to receive updates on the status of your report, please include your contact information when filing your report. The Department of Public Works handles issues with roads or sidewalks (that are maintained by the City). For a map showing which agencies are responsible for maintaining the different roads in Maryland Heights, please visit The Department of Community Development handles issues on private property.
For emergency situations, always call 911 first. For other problems that are currently in progress, such as loud noise or music complaints, complaints regarding vehicles parked on the street, or animal control issues, call the non-emergency line for the Maryland Heights Police Department at (314) 298-8700. There is also a link on the Report a Problem page to provide tips to the Police Department for problems that are not currently in progress. The Police Department at 11911 Dorsett Road is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Do you have a more general question, or one that you're not sure who is best to ask? If so, we have you covered! Our front desk staff is available Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to answer your questions and help you reach those best capable of assisting you. To reach them, you can call (314) 291-6550 or visit the Government Center at 11911 Dorsett Road during normal business hours. If you prefer e-mail, you can reach us at