Community Center Update
Effective immediately, the Community Center has updated how it operates as the facility continues to transition back to pre-pandemic operations. These changes include:
- Cardio equipment will be moved out of the fitness studios and back onto the fitness floor. This will allow more equipment to be used as well as to utilize the fitness studios for group fitness classes. Our fitness staff will look to add additional group fitness classes to the schedule in the coming weeks. Check www.marylandheights.com/mindbody for updates. We will return to our pre-pandemic age guidelines. Individuals 12-13 are welcome to use the fitness center with a supervising adult once they have completed an equipment orientation session. Individuals who are 14 may use the fitness center unaccompanied once they have completed an equipment orientation session.
- Reservations will no longer be required to use the gymnasium but the schedule will still be visible on MindBody. Individuals 10 and older are welcome to use the gymnasium unaccompanied by an adult.
- Reservations will no longer be required for general swim times in the indoor aquatic center. MindBody will still be utilized to reserve two of the three lap lanes in the pool with the third lane open for walk-ins beginning June 25. We will honor those who have reserved a lap lane over the next two weeks. Individuals 10 and older are welcome to use the indoor aquatic center unaccompanied by an adult. View the indoor aquatic center schedule here.
- Reservations to use the senior lounge are still required by calling Nancy Whitener at (314) 738-2552 or through MindBody for cards/games. We will no longer check vaccination cards but masks are still required for the time being. There is no longer a capacity limit for the areas in regard to games/cards. Outside food may be brought in and coffee can also be made.
Other operations will remain the same including:
- Masks are required while entering or exiting the building as well as when moving to the locker room.
- Masks are not required for patrons who are fully vaccinated while on the fitness floor, indoor track, during group exercise classes, participating in a gymnasium activity or while in the indoor aquatic center.
- There is not a capacity limit on the building but patrons should observe social distancing of at least 6 ft. Because of social distancing requirements, some areas/activities still may not be accessible or available.
- We ask that if you are feeling sick that you please stay home.
- The Play Center will remain closed at this time.