The City of Maryland Heights is has an opening for a Police Officer to perform a variety of routine and complex police patrol, investigation, traffic regulation and law enforcement activities.
The pay range for the Police Officer is $27.7303 per hour to $38.3385 per hour.
The individual hired for this position must pass a pre-employment drug test, physical examination, psychological examination, background check and must be able to work in the US as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).
- Performs security patrols, traffic control, investigation and first aid at accidents; detects, investigates and arrests persons involved in violations of law or misconduct; uses own judgment to handle difficult and emergency situations without assistance. Carries out duties in conformance with Federal, State, County and City laws and ordinances.
- Responds to emergency radio calls and investigates: accidents, robberies, civil disturbances, domestic disputes, fights, drunkenness, missing children, prowlers, abuse of drugs, etc.; take appropriate law enforcement action.
- Questions or interrogates as needed, preserves evidence, arrests violators, assists at accident scenes, summons help as needed, and draws diagrams of crime scenes. Conducts follow-up investigation of crimes.
- Testifies in court proceedings
- Prepares reports and records including officer's Daily Log, investigation, field interrogation, alcohol influence forms; breathalyzer check list, bad check form, vehicle tow form and traffic hazard reports, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s degree or military experience preferred
- Two (2) to five (5) years of experience as a law enforcement officer or as a reserve police officer
- Class A Missouri Police Officers License
- Valid Driver License
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, peers, and the general public
- Demonstrates integrity in dealing with others
- Ability to exercise sound judgement in evaluating situations and in making decisions
- Ability to perform the required physical aspects of the position
- Ability to learn the geography of the City.
You may access and complete the City’s police officer application here. You may be fax applications to 314-738-2422; mail to Human Resources at 11911 Dorsett Road, Maryland Heights, MO 63043 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applying is August 6, 2021.
The City of Maryland Heights conducts drug testing in accordance with 49 C.F.R. PARTS 40, Part 29, and 655 as Amended, and FMCSA 382.
Deadline for Applying : Aug 6, 2021 05:00 PM